Childcare Provider Site Ratings 2020-21
The Childcare Quality System helps childcare programs identify how they are already providing quality early learning and ways they can keep improving. See how Mono County & Alpine County sites rate on the quality scale.
Calificación de Proveedor de Cuidado de Niños de 2020-21
La Sistema para Mantener en Alta Calidad las Guarderías ayudan a los programas a identificar la forma en que ya están proporcionando un aprendizaje temprano de calidad y las formas en que pueden seguir mejorando. Vea cómo los sitios del Condado de Mono & Alpine califcan en la escala de calidad.
The goal of the Childcare Quality System is to increase the quality of childcare and support family engagement by building a skilled and stable workforce. The Childcare Quality System is open to all licensed childcare sites in Mono and Alpine Counties serving children ages birth to five.
Through the Childcare Quality System and a one-on-one advisor, a center or family-based childcare provider completes the following annually:
- 21 hours professional development
- Creates and implements a Quality Improvement Plan
- Developmental screenings using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Maintains knowledge of, or assessment in, standard classroom assessment tools (CLASS–an interaction-based assessment and ERS–the Environmental Rating Scale)
- Is supported in advancement in the Quality Counts California matrix.
- Is part of a local support network
Participating programs can choose to receive a public rating. For a description of what ratings mean and a list of ratings and participating sites:
- Childcare Quality System Ratings Overview
- Descripción general del Sistema de Calidad de Cuidado de Niños
If you are a childcare provider and would like to participate in the Childcare Quality System:
Federal and State Quality Rating Improvement System
Information about the federal and state Quality Rating Improvement System, can be found on the links below:
For more information, please contact:
Annaliesa Calhoun, Childcare Quality System Coordinator, email
PO Box 130, 365 Sierra Park Road, Building M
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
To find a childcare provider
To find care with a childcare provider, please contact Mono County’s Resource and Referral agency, Community Connections for Children, through IMACA, at 760-934-3343.